cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting a tracking link into an email

Craig
Occasional Contributor

I want to set up an email template that would automatically send a message to customers when their order ships. But I want the tracking number to display, as just the tracking number, with it being a clickable link taking the recipient to the tracking site using that number. So, for example, 9405511202508974030647 – just the number displays, but it links to the USPS tracking site with that number.

Apparently the best ShipStation can do at this point is shown in this link from them: https://share.getcloudapp.com/p9u6jY89

Can we get this in a future version? Or is there a secret way to do this that someone knows about?

4 REPLIES 4

jeremy_S-and-S
Frequent Contributor

Luckily this is VERY easy! If you are using the ShipStation email template, you just want to use [Tracking #] which will automatically add the number. Then you want to highlight from bracket to bracket and choose the link icon above. It will allow you to input that url.

jeremy_SandS_0-1647456119733.png

Craig
Occasional Contributor

But how can you add the URL that would include the tracking number in a template? I don't want just a generic tracking site, especially as the same email would be used for UPS, USPS, and FedEx.

jeremy_S-and-S
Frequent Contributor

AH! We only ship via USPS, so I didn't think about that. My ability to help has come to an end ☹️

Craig
Occasional Contributor

Lol! No problem! It was an attempt, at least! Here's hoping that someone else has another idea!