cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT Tax Codes Won't Import from eBay

dmell060
Occasional Contributor

eBay is now allowing customers to prepay their VAT tax. The way they communicate this is by adding a special code to line 3 of the customer's address and a note that says "Paid: Code xxxxx" The trouble is, Ship Station won't import that info so our customers are being double taxed. Ship Station has confirmed several times to me that there are no plans to have this critical info pulled in and they're just ignored the issue and wont' even acknowledge it. They just continue to ignore me and close any cases I open. Even in chat they won't touch the issue so something is going on behind the scenes. It seems like it would be SO SIMPLE to pull in the line 3 address data. 

I can't be the only one with this problem. As of now, our only option is to manually scan every order on eBay and manually edit them (hopefully) before the order gets shipped. Does anyone have a better workaround for this problem? We may leave for a competitor due to the fact that it's a major issue and we've just been completely ignored. 

6 REPLIES 6

SuperMgr-Sarah
Employee
Employee

Hello, 

I've discussed this with the integrations team that works on eBay. It looks like our new eBay integration may offer a solution since it does send over certain tax identifier details in the order feed. It doesn't look like the feed includes this information in Address line 3, though - that may just be how eBay presents it in the dashboard. 

We're looking into this further to see if we can pull in the required data and map it to a field in ShipStation so it can be printed on either the label or a commercial invoice. Any change that occurs will only be on the new eBay integration, so make sure you migrate to the updated integration if you haven't already. Our migration guide will provide the steps you need. 

Thanks for posting this and for your patience. 

Sarah H.
Austin, Tx

dmell060
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I just followed all of the steps in the migration guide and it didn't work. It seems that the new integration isn't live yet. When I added eBay back again, it was just like the old integration showing incorrect order numbers and the VAT codes still aren't importing. 

I'm extremely frustrated. All that work only for it to still be broken and for our mappings to all be incorrect now.

We have had SO MANY issues with Ship Station and little to no support, at this point I am looking into switching to a competitor. It seems that things break every single day and they just aren't fixed.  Even these issues with eBay have been going on for 6+ months and still haven't been resolved. 

Deeks88
New Contributor

I have suspended nearly all my shipping that goes international since eBay is not Protecting sellers with their ridiculous ship on time and dash board requirements. Helloooo eBay (we are still in a Pandemic). (I have a stupid Question about the Double Tax on the VAT) : If eBay is mandating the buyer Pays for it Originally (now) and the buyer is getting double Vaxed-Taxed (why not just offer the discount on the final shipping?) if its still not fixed yet. (besides) like earlier stated, since we've been in this pandemic - International Shipping w the exception of Canada is not an Option at this time. ShipStation is the best tool for multiplatform API shipping (multiple websites) and been doing eCommerce since 1999. 

Howdy @dmell060

I am happy to provide an update on this matter! My team has gotten back to us and confirmed that this ability to import VAT Tax Codes is actively being worked on!

While I do not have a specific ETA for this release, I know that we are hopeful that it will be implemented by the end of the year. Of course, once we have officially rolled out this adjustment, I will update this thread again so that we are all on the same page! 

I hope you're having a great week! 🙂 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!

Hey, it's been 5 months since this was posted by Moderator-Davis and nothing has happened!

I'm tired of manually cutting and pasting the VAT code into the address in shipstation.

Hello there @AUCTIONS

Just want to confirm that when you follow the steps listed in this knowledge base article about Account Wide International Settings, that you are still needing to put in your VAT information on each shipment individually? 

If you have these settings established and they are not populating, my recommendation would be to reach out to our Support team directly so that an agent can troubleshoot with you directly 🙂 

I hope this helps! 

From Moderator Davis, May the force be with you!