cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Cancelled Orders DO NOT cancel in ShipStation! Risk of financial loss!?!

AdamNYC
New Contributor

When an order is cancelled on eBay is should automatically be cancelled in ShipStation. 

This does NOT happen.

When an order gets canceled on eBay it remains in 'awaiting shipment' in ShipStation unless it's manually canceled.  If a staff member cancels the order on eBay and forgets to also manually cancel it in ShipStation and that item gets shipped out by the shipping team. This results in shipping out items that were canceled and refunded. This is a huge financial loss.

I contacted ShipStation support.  They said the reason is that the eBay order feed shows OrderStatus": 2 instead of OrderStatus": Cancelled.   It seems to me like a simple edit in ShipStation integration with eBay to say ‘order status = 2 then cancel the order”

Has anyone found a workaround solution to this problem? RSS? Zapier? Anything?

Please fix ASAP.

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 10.09.16 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hello Adam, 

Welcome to the Community, we are so happy to have you here.

I have some good news to share, I looked into this a little deeper and can tell you that we are actively working on a solution right now. I do not have an ETA at this time, but it should be coming in the next few months.

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager 

luckdragon
Occasional Contributor

so in other words "you have a few months of potential income loss to look forward to before we consider this a priority"

Deeks88
New Contributor

Just Cancel it Manually, like its done w Amazon. Be a little ProActive. I mean, the coffee machine can make coffee, but it wont fold your clothes at the moment. 

AdamNYC
New Contributor

Thanks for the most useless reply I've ever gotten in my life.  Try "Just cancel it manually' when you have an average of 4000 orders a month with a team of agents going back and forth between eBay, Shipstation, and CRM system.   ShipStation realized this was an issue and a fix was implemented.