cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james35
First-timer (legacy)
We want the FROM address set to our domain so that 'via Shipstation.com' does not appear on gmail. We also want to include your spf/senderId records in our spf/senderId records, have the email signed with our DKIM key and have the links use our subdomain instead of email.shipstation.com. Here's how this works on a few of the major ESPs: http://login.mg2mail.com/help/Content/Listrak_Manual/Branding%20Settings.htm https://mandrill.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205582387-How-to-Set-up-Sending-Domains https://sendgrid.com/docs/Glossary/email_authentication.html This will significantly improve deliverability and professional appearance. Best Regards, James Fredley VP of Marketing Technology FilterEasy
159 Comments
TheTokenShop
Occasional Contributor

The only reason we continue to use their shipping notifications is the branded tracking page, which is cool, but if our customers never see it, is it really worth it??

Shipping55
Occasional Contributor

Exactly the page is useless if emails don’t get delivered. 

dochin
New Contributor

Based on reports from DMARC digests, shipstation uses sendgrid for many of these notifications.  Sendgrid can definitely accommodate this feature.

I guess it would be a matter of dev resources and sendgrid service fees for shipstation.  This is something that *should* be included, but after all this time I'm willing to pay an extra fee of that's an option.  Shipstation, you've made me desparate enough to ask you to charge me more money.

dochin
New Contributor

dochin_0-1687998911212.png

thread locked for some reason.  I guess they want to consolidate it all here.

https://community.shipstation.com/t5/ShipStation-Features/Why-sending-email-without-a-verified-sende...

dochin
New Contributor
TheTokenShop
Occasional Contributor

Take my money!

shipshipper
Contributor

This is a concern for me as well. To sum up reading through the biggest relevant threads here, the current solutions seem to be:

1. Do nothing, many of Shipstation's customer notification emails will go to spam because the from address looks like it is spoofed (like spam emails do) to anti-spam systems. 
  2. Remove your email address in your Shipstation email settings so the "from" address on shipping emails will show as shipping@shipstation. However then if customers reply to shipping notification emails you will never know.
  3. Disable Shipstation emails altogether and use a different solution, such as a Wordpress plugin if you are using Woocommerce. It seems like you have to pay a subsciption for shipping/tracking notification email plugins for Woocommerce though? (Can anyone recommend good free solutions?)
  4. Someone mentioned adding specific CNAME records to your DNS settings in your webhost in one of the threads:
    • I believe this essentially adds shipstation's email server to your website domain's approved emails, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know the ins and outs of this or if this is good practice. This seems like the most promising to actually get the correct functionality all around, but I think what they posted may have been specific to their domain and store and I haven't seen anyone else talking about this path. If this is a solution, Shipstation needs to create a knowledgebase article on what records to add.

Am I missing anything?

lanbosmilsim
Rookie

@SuperMgr-SarahIf I can make a suggestion to temporarily solve this problem: give us an option to send mail from your tracking@shipstation.com (like what happens when we leave the email address out of our branding settings) and instead send the emails with a reply to address. This way the emails will not fail DMARC but we still get the replies from our customers.

HHE
Occasional Contributor

@lanbosmilsim the problem is, at least with our customers, is they very often reply to the delivery emails with questions, problems, etc. If it's sent from shipstation, it should be sent from "noreply@shipstation" and replies to it should bounce back to the customer.

lanbosmilsim
Rookie

@Manager-Erintagging you for my previous post since it appears @SuperMgr-Sarah has been offline for over a month. Hoping to get some sort of resolution on this. I just found you guys and literally everything BUT email is amazing...email is horrible. I'm not sure I can throw in with you guys if the email can't be figured out. No matter how much I try to instruct customers otherwise, they ALWAYS reply to the shipping notification emails.