cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ShipStation Connect - Constant bugs

EmilyM
Occasional Contributor

We've been using Shipstation for 4 years now to ship all of our ecommerce orders. Naturally we use the Shipstation Connect feature to make the process of printing shipping labels and packing slips more efficient. That being said, we encounter connection issues with Shipstation Connect on a weekly basis. In most cases we have to completed deactivate a workstation, uninstall Shipstation Connect and reinstall the entire program. When speaking to Shipation Support we always get the same answer "we apologize for these bugs, perhaps closing work stations down and logging out at the end of the shipping day will help? We will escalate this to our tech team.". Not much help after 4 years as nothing has changed. 

Does anyone else have issues with the Shipstation Connect feature? Is there anything we can do to make the program more reliable so our employees are not constantly held up trying to reinstall?

16 REPLIES 16

masonfabian
Super User
Super User

We used to have the same issue. Had to reinstall connect every few days. It has been steady the last year or so. Do you use more than one user per computer? Do you have multiple computers?

EmilyM
Occasional Contributor

Currently we have 2 shipping station running off of seperate computers with each their own separate label printer. The computers use 2 different user accounts and are never swapped. 

What did you guys do to get this fixed?

try and entirely delete the containing folder after uninstalling connect.

start menu >
run >
%appdata% >
either the folder is in here OR
AppData > Local > Shipstation Connect

From there delete everything and try again. that is the last thing we did before it never broke again

ALSO we only use v4 now. old layout seems to be getting dismantled

Thank you! The jury is out if this is a long-term fix, but we've not been able to print this fast in MONTHS. 

FenceArmor
Occasional Contributor

We have multiple computers/users and I gave up on Connect, I download and print everything now, as this doesn't seem to get fixed and I don't have the time and patience to continually uninstall and re-install.

EmilyM
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply! It's nice to know we are not the only company suffering from this ridiculous bug! Seems silly that the Shipstation team can't get something so simply to work reliably....

jeremy_S-and-S
Frequent Contributor

We have multiple user accounts in ShipStation, but I'm the only one who uses Connect. It hasn't worked for me in over a week. *shrug* 

Did you try the steps I posted above to completely uninstall connect? 

Coming back to this a year later to say that the steps for completely uninstalling Connect did help me. I've only had to do it a couple times, but it always fixes the issue.

wild
New Contributor

Same here.

getitfast
Rookie

We have the same issues with Shipstation Connect.  We are constantly reinstalling the product.  We switched out computers but that didn't help. I love Shipstations features but Connect should have been dropped along time ago. 

SSkeptic
Occasional Contributor

Something deeply wrong with Shipstation Connect.

Fails regularly and requires minutes of troubleshooting to get going.

Printing labels is kinda the whole point of a shipping app.

Fedex.com is much klunkier, but does not constantly fail. Sigh.

Shipstation Developers, wake UP!

You have a great app with one critical piece that's always broken.

bextus
First-timer

same here, printer not found, sometimes browser refresh fixes it, but many times we need to restart the pc, or reinstall shipstation connect. 

solutionsgem
New Contributor

Do not erase your Shipstation connect and try to install the latest Version if you have Windows 10   32 bit version OS.

I just tried that and the new Shipstation connection only works on 64 bit Operating System. No where on the update page says that. Now I have a useless computer connected to my Zebra printer. I will have to move to a Windows 10 64 bit. I do not like windows computers. Mac computers make fuzzy Fedex labels on Zebra printers. Only work on Mac computers and the only reason I have a windows computer is to use it a a work station for my Shipstaton connect printer server. I use my Mac and my iPhone Shipstation app to print labels remotely. I can't do that now. 

Do not update if you need your Shipstation connect to work on a windows 10 32 bit. 

I contacted support and the told me I am out of luck. Get a 64 bit OS. There is no other option for me. 

DPIMCarrie
New Contributor

Same issue here.  Worked for 4 years and started completely losing connection when any other user in the same building logs in.  We have 2 shippers on staff at all times, VERY hard to process 1000 orders a day with one log in. 
Support is absolutely no help, blaming the scales....that we have been using for 4 years. 

Boulder_Ships
New Contributor

Repeatedly fails to open after my computer goes to sleep. I have to restart my computer to even reopen the app. The app will not open from applications. It's maddening. 

Running a 2021 Apple MacbookPro on Sonoma with only one user. It's absolutely infuriating that this has been a problem for at least a year, maybe longer.

The application thumbnail even shows a corrupted tile: 

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 12.44.30โ€ฏPM.png

...and yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. It fixes nothing. 

โ€ƒ

I've also approved this download at least a dozen times, maybe more...

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 12.49.21โ€ฏPM.png

โ€ƒ