cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ShipStation Connect - Constant bugs

EmilyM
Occasional Contributor

We've been using Shipstation for 4 years now to ship all of our ecommerce orders. Naturally we use the Shipstation Connect feature to make the process of printing shipping labels and packing slips more efficient. That being said, we encounter connection issues with Shipstation Connect on a weekly basis. In most cases we have to completed deactivate a workstation, uninstall Shipstation Connect and reinstall the entire program. When speaking to Shipation Support we always get the same answer "we apologize for these bugs, perhaps closing work stations down and logging out at the end of the shipping day will help? We will escalate this to our tech team.". Not much help after 4 years as nothing has changed. 

Does anyone else have issues with the Shipstation Connect feature? Is there anything we can do to make the program more reliable so our employees are not constantly held up trying to reinstall?

8 REPLIES 8

masonfabian
Super User
Super User

We used to have the same issue. Had to reinstall connect every few days. It has been steady the last year or so. Do you use more than one user per computer? Do you have multiple computers?

EmilyM
Occasional Contributor

Currently we have 2 shipping station running off of seperate computers with each their own separate label printer. The computers use 2 different user accounts and are never swapped. 

What did you guys do to get this fixed?

try and entirely delete the containing folder after uninstalling connect.

start menu >
run >
%appdata% >
either the folder is in here OR
AppData > Local > Shipstation Connect

From there delete everything and try again. that is the last thing we did before it never broke again

ALSO we only use v4 now. old layout seems to be getting dismantled

FenceArmor
Occasional Contributor

We have multiple computers/users and I gave up on Connect, I download and print everything now, as this doesn't seem to get fixed and I don't have the time and patience to continually uninstall and re-install.

EmilyM
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply! It's nice to know we are not the only company suffering from this ridiculous bug! Seems silly that the Shipstation team can't get something so simply to work reliably....

jeremy_S-and-S
Contributor

We have multiple user accounts in ShipStation, but I'm the only one who uses Connect. It hasn't worked for me in over a week. *shrug* 

Did you try the steps I posted above to completely uninstall connect? 

wild
First-timer

Same here.