cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spryllc
First-timer (legacy)
Please enable a feature that you can choose what printer will print labels. To be more specific: we want to print International Priority and express with the regular printer and the rest of the labels in the 4x6 printer.
94 Comments
Bobby_M
Contributor
I've already voted for this months ago but it definitely helps keeping the topic alive and active. I'm wary of doing this, but I have successfully printed the 4 page labels on the 4x6 thermal and literally just shoved them into the clear pouch. It's worked on some 50 orders now. In other words, I don't think it has to be on an 8.5 x 5.5" piece of paper. My biggest fear is that the text is too small to read and they reject the shipment somewhere along the way.
charles9
First-timer (legacy)
We ship Int'l orders everyday. We can use the settings as-is for First Class Int'l, but for Priority or Express we have to switch over to Stamps.com software to generate labels at the correct size. Like Robert Mierzejwski said, the small once can be placed into the USPS customer form pouch, but our fear is them falling out during transit due to being too small. The pouches don't seal and are meant for half-sheet papers, not 4x6 labels.
thegadgetdoctor
First-timer (legacy)
Charles, the way I do it is I print international labels on 8.5x11 paper, fold that in half, put it in the pouch, and I've never had a problem that way before. Only hassle is changing the ShipStation setting.
shipping206
First-timer (legacy)
I have the labels print on the 4"x6" thermal labels and I stick them onto an 8.5"x11" sheet and cut it in half. So far nothing has come back, but it's still a hassle.
charles9
First-timer (legacy)
'@TheRealDeal That's the issue, we don't want to change any settings for whenever we have Priority or Express orders. It's just as easy to enter the into the stamps software which is setup correctly. We shouldn't have to do it either way though.
tara4
First-timer (legacy)
We have a USPS based department and a FedEx department. It would be ideal if both users could print as they needed. ShipStation's universal setting for printer preferences makes it impossible for this to happen. As a result, we are going back to ShipRush for all our FedEx shipping, which defeats the purpose, really, of a one-stop shipping platform.
tara4
First-timer (legacy)
Hi there~ We use a laser printer and 4x6 labels for all our USPS shipping needs. Our FedEx department uses a ZP500 Plus zebra printer. The zebra printer is more efficient for our FedEx department as it provides labels for a large volume of packages on a daily basis. The laser printer works for the USPS department as Customs Forms are often required.
julia5
First-timer (legacy)
I've been comparing ShipStation to ShipWorks and there are many things I prefer in ShipStation but this one is a killer. My shipping is split 50/50 between domestic and international. I cannot use letter-size labels on domestic because the box is too small (and an envelope costs more). I cannot use 4x6 sticky labels on international because of duplicate forms, letter-size invoices, etc. So EVERY time I ship something I have to go into settings->printing setup->document options. Even if it was already set correctly, I have to do this because I have to check the setting. It would seem to be a pretty straightforward thing to implement mapping of destination to label size/printer: if destination is USA then set label to 4x6, if not, set it to letter size.
info808
First-timer (legacy)
We could use this feature as well.
dan41
First-timer (legacy)
This is a big feature that is missing, we have to amnually select printers because the international printers look bad on the zebra printers so we have to select full page manually every single time. Its should be a top priority, it s a huge time saver.