cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Simple Rate

DracoSixtySix
First-timer

I would really love to utilize ShipStation as a one-stop solution. Unfortunately, most of my packages ship with the UPS Simple Rate and I don't see that as an option with ShipStation. Any plans to add that and a possible timeline?

14 REPLIES 14

DirkMartin
Contributor

Wow...a simple question posted 3 weeks ago, and crickets from SS.

That sure instills confidence in the community.

Manager-Erin
Alumni
Alumni

Hello @DracoSixtySix ,

Welcome to the Community, we are so happy to have you here with us. This is a great question and a popular request.

I have actually been doing some internal sleuthing and research about this but did not want to respond until I had a solid answer.

Over the last few weeks, there have been discussions about the logistics and possibility of being able to offer UPS Simple Rate. At this time that is all I can tell you,  but I would keep your eyes on this thread for further updates as they will be posted here. 

-Erin: Your Friendly ShipStation Community Manager  

Hello!

I have a small update on the UPS Simple Rate topic. Currently, UPS does not expose Simple Rate data to any 3rd parties. However, we have started working with UPS to figure out the needs for adding this data to the UPS integration with ShipStation. We have no ETA on this project currently, but we will provide updates when we have news to report. 

Thanks for your comments and feedback!

Sarah H.
Austin, Tx

Any update on this? I really really need Simple Rate support in Ship Station. I like using Ship Station but am forced to look at other shipping platforms that work with Simple Rate. Surely in almost a year there has been progression. 

DRH7660
Occasional Contributor

Under the "Package" dropdown, could ShipStation just add the Simple Rate sizes (XS, S, M, L, XL) and pricing as packages just like they have the various UPS Express Boxes and Letter added as packages?  The Simple Rate is just like those other flat rate products (except, of course, we shippers provide our own boxes).

Please do let us know. Our rep was here pitching this program and I was surprised to see Shipstation had not picked it up. 

I would like to start utilizing this through Shipstation in the near future.

Hey Erin, UPS Simple Rate has been requested since 2018! The original request has 99 Kudos and there are more Simple Rate requests being added under Features, etc. Please get these consolidated and add this option. Simple rate has been "under consideration" for years. Have been a loyal Shipstation customer for a very long time but starting to think I may need to look for other options...

sales101
Regular Visitor

Hey ShipStation, UPS Simple Rate has been requested since 2018!  The original request has 99 Kudos and there are more Simple Rate requests being added under Features, etc.  Please get these consolidated and add this option.  Simple rate has been "under consideration" for years.  Have been a loyal Shipstation customer for a very long time but starting to think I may need to look for other options...

contact24
First-timer

Please Please support UPS Simple Rate. Looks like this has been requested for quite some time now. Bad thing is, it's forcing me to look at other shipping platforms that do support Simple Rate. What is the hold up?

Leo_Wolfe
Occasional Contributor

@SuperMgr-Sarah

Any updates to Simple Rate integration? We've been with ShipStation since 2014 and have enjoyed it. This integration would save our business at least $10k annually which is a considerable amount. I do not want to look elsewhere but for $10k savings it is tempting. I'm sure there are plenty of customers feeling the same way.

DRH7660
Occasional Contributor

I have an update. The workaround suggested by other users (where you request a new account number from your rep and have that number set up with the flat rates only) will not work. According to UPS because no account number is needed to access the pricing, they can no longer add it like that. Instead, UPS says it is now up to ShipStation to add the flat rates just like they have them for USPS and other carrier flat rate boxes. 

Seems simple enough, but ShipStation does not seem to care. 

Leo_Wolfe
Occasional Contributor

When I spoke to our UPS rep he said the same thing. 

Would be great to have @SuperMgr-Sarah , @Manager-Erin or other ShipStation staff chime in on this much needed feature. 

DRH7660
Occasional Contributor

We just participated in a live virtual event hosted by ShipStation and made the inquiry/request for the addition of Simple Rate.  Our inquiry was not selected by Shipstation to be answered live.  They did say all messages would receive responses.  Maybe @SuperMgr-Sarah , @Manager-Erin or other ShipStation staff can pick up on this or if another customer has a ShipStation contact to ask, maybe they can help.  If we hear anything, we will update it here.  

sales130
Occasional Contributor

I heard that , now that SS offers these new lower rates via there UPS account , they do not want to  offer simple rate as it will eat away at the other SS UPS account volume where they probably get 5-10% cut profit  and with simple rate they wont make anything on it