cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
admin43
First-timer (legacy)
http://imgur.com/RvPG99z I found the print drop down options did not do what I expected. The option for labels prints both the label and packing slips. The packing slip option just prints packing slips. What do you think about it being: --Labels (just labels) --Packing Slips (just slips) --Both (both)
49 Comments
store16
First-timer (legacy)
It would really help to speed things up if you could choose to prompt the print screens for both labels and packing slips. Creating a printing queue could also help with printing management. Thanks
Bobby_M
Contributor
I think I agree with your first one about being able to choose on a per-order basis whether a packing slip gets printed or not. On the print queue thing, isn't that what a batch is? I add orders to batches all the time and then process the batch which spits out all the labels. The big bummer I have is that you can either have packing lists turned on or turned off when to trigger a print but I'd like to be able to set the slip printing on/off on a per order basis as I'm setting up shipping parameters.
nick59
First-timer (legacy)
i would like to see the ability to batch print the Shipping label and packing list at the same time, in sequence with the orders. So it prints "Order1 Label-Order1 Packlist-Order2 Label-Order2 Packlist etc...". So perhaps this option for inline printing could go hand in hand with the one-button feature you mention.
Bobby_M
Contributor
Finale Inventory; That's exactly how batch printing works right now. However, keep in mind that as you're adding order to a batch, you MUST have your printing preferences set to Label + packing list.
nick59
First-timer (legacy)
Thanks! Ive overlooked those settings hundreds of times!
sam17
First-timer (legacy)
We don't batch ship because every order could be one of 14 different box sizes and we don't know that until it's packed. For us, we'd love a setting that we could choose like a checkbox to "Print Packing slip with label." Currently we "Create Label" then have to go to "Print Packing Slip." Are we overlooking a setting someplace?
Bobby_M
Contributor
Sam Ray, Yes, what you want is to click the gear icon, account settings, printing settings, under document type "labels", click document options and select Label and Packing Slip. Now, I understand what you mean about pre-boxing orders before printing labels, but in order to do that, don't you already print all the packing slips ahead of printing the labels? If so, why do you need to print them inline with the labels? Let's say you still want to print the labels and packing lists after you box everything, it's still beneficial to use batch. If you're looking at a pile of 10 boxes that are already packed up, you'd go into the orders, set the parameters e.g. weight, box type, size, etc, click add to batch. Move on to the next order by clicking the green arrow, repeating for each box. When you're done, process the batch and hit print. Now instead of dealing with the printing prompts for each order, all 10 just spit out of the printer. Batching has reduced our shipping time by at least 20%.
shipping256
First-timer (legacy)
Robert, If I do the process of the gear icon you suggested, I can only print 4x6 packing slips/labels. I need 8x10 PS and 4x6 labels. Each of our boxes will be different sizes and weights as well so not sure batch would work unless I am missing something which is ALWAYS possible haha Thank you all for the help!
Bobby_M
Contributor
Loucon, I see what you mean. You want to be able to set it so that when you print a label, it prints the label on 4x6 and the packing list on a different printer. Basically it seems like the feature request is just really the ability to print on two printers at the same time if it's set up that way in settings. Right now you can only do a thermal label (with or without packing slip) OR a laserjet (with or without the packing slip). Side note: As much as I do like the look of the packing slips on a full sheet of paper, we've gotten used to letting the thermal printer just do those too. We only pay 1.5 cents per label. I believe you can leverage batching right now to do something like what you want. First, be sure to set your packing slips to be 8.5 x 11. Also set your labels to exclude packing slips. Select and order and set box parameters. Click batch, create new batch. Move on to other orders in the list and set parameters, then add to current batch. Once you've done all the orders that you want, click the batch in the lower left column and click PROCESS BATCH. Once it's done, click print labels. Then click print packing slips. That way if you have 20 orders to address, you're only clicking print twice. Once for labels and once for packing slips. It saves more time than haven't click print on every order, even if you only had to click once.
janitorialplumb
New Contributor
Yes exactly. That is what I want and why I put in my vote. The problem is that sometimes we have to print one order and then the packing slip is a bit cumbersome to print. By the way, we get our thermal labels from ebay and they cost .008, so you may be a bit overpaying. However, regular paper at the local walmart cost .005 per sheet, so the cost adds up pretty quickly. The batch method does work for batches. Also a bit cumbersome.