cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
admin43
First-timer (legacy)
http://imgur.com/RvPG99z I found the print drop down options did not do what I expected. The option for labels prints both the label and packing slips. The packing slip option just prints packing slips. What do you think about it being: --Labels (just labels) --Packing Slips (just slips) --Both (both)
49 Comments
mbeck
First-timer (legacy)
It would be quite helpful if the 4x6 thermal printer automatically printed a summary for multiple SKUs when printing the shipping labels. Thanks
Bobby_M
Contributor
mbeck, do you mean a pick list?
admin223
First-timer (legacy)
The net result is that i want to be able to have the label printed to printer A (for me label writer 4XL) and the packing slip to printer B (a laserwriter). This could either be done by specifying in the printing setup, that packing slips print with the label printing BUT add the capability to have them print on different printers (which it can NOT do now). Other option is not to muck with printing setup but add a menu item to the Print menu for an order of "Label and Packing Slip". This seems the easier route in that a menu command could just be programmed to run each of the already existing routines that print the label and print the packing slip. THink this is a slam dunk.
admin223
First-timer (legacy)
Have set labels separate from packing slip. But then you have to manually print the packing slip. Hence the suggestion above.
tyson
First-timer (legacy)
For us for example, we recently started a new barcoding system. But the pick slips we print for the pickers wouldn't work as a packing slip. So rather than having to match packing slips to pick lists, we'd just take the pick list, use it to pull up the order, print the shipping label with a packing slip to throw in the package.
info919
First-timer (legacy)
I am still using shipworks to do in-house shipping because shipstation is not able to do one simple job of printing labels in a thermal printer and then automatically print the packing slip in a laser printer. In SS, you can only choose to print 4x6 thermal label followed by 4x6 packing slip, OR 8x11 paper label followed by 8x11 packing slip. I see someone said they can click second time on a batch to print all packing slips. But sometimes we only have one (1) order and we have to fish for the order in shipped once the 4x6 thermal label prints. Now that SS use the shipstation connect, I still don't see a way to print a 4x6 thermal label followed by a 8x11 packing slip on a different printer.
susanr
First-timer (legacy)
I was just online with support about this and I don't know why it's such a big deal to do this if everything is set up correctly. We just set up a thermal printer after using just a regular paper one for all our labels so we're used to the packing list coming out with the label. I hope this gets enough traction - it seems silly this isn't already happening.
feedback
First-timer (legacy)
'@everyone - Thanks for your patience! I noticed one of the challenges brought up here was if a shipper forgot to print packing slips after creating labels there isn't an easy way to find that out (or vice versa). Are there other challenges out there, or is this the main concern you all have? @ken marek absolute yogi - To avoid fishing around for orders after you've created labels, you can change what happens to the order in the grid. Go to Account Settings > Display Options > Orders tab > "When Order Status Changes > set this to "Grey out the order". This way the order will not disappear from your view and you can still select and print packing slips for it. Alternatively, if you like how orders disappear from the grid once a label is created, I recommend changing up your workflow to print the order's packing slip before creating a label. @susanr - Have you looked into printing a packing slip inline with the label? This way you can keep all of your labels and packing slips grouped together. This may be a hair more expensive in dollar value, but this can save money in time by not shuffling sheets of paper. You can see what this label format looks like in Account Settings > Printing > Printing Setup > Labels > Document Options.
susanr
First-timer (legacy)
I'll be honest; I did have it set up to print the packing slips with the label printer originally. I really hate the way it looks so I turned it off right away.
rickthurman
First-timer (legacy)
I recently changed to Shipstation from Shipworks. While using Shipworks for many years I had the ability to print both the shipping label and the packing slip at the SAME time automatically. I use a 4X6" Shipping label and a 8.5X11" Packing slip. That is NOT a SIMPLE option with Shipstation. It should be. I am amazed that this is not a simple button option under Shipping Label Format